Monday, June 8, 2009

Green Arrow



Hi guys. Jenn here!

I unfortunately didn't think to save the progression of my piece like JB did. I started out on regular ol' sketch paper in blue lead, just a really quick sketch. After that I got online to make sure I wasn't remembering his old-school costume incorrectly (totally was), cleaned up the sketch and started inking with black Prisma-color ink pens. I normally ink with Microns but my art supply store stopped carrying them. I do like these though. They lay on paper good with little smearing if I get careless and move my hand across fresh inks.


After that I scanned it, cleaned up the lines in Photoshop and slapped some quick cel-shades on it. I'm still learning how to color digitally. Definitely not my niche but I slowly getting the point that it's not nearly as scary as I thought it was.

Ollie is easily my favorite comic character. He's fun, he's got personality and really... how bad ass do you gotta be to fight crime with a bow and arrow? Thanks for lookin!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's awesome Jenn! Next project, you gotta do a behind the scenes! I'd love to see your step-by-step process!

    Oh, and it's nice to see someone else posting. Shiver me goosepimples!

    ReplyDelete